Do you deal in property?

$20,000 instant asset write-off/Baulkham Hills
November 10, 2018
Expert Taxation Consulting services in Sydney Australia
November 28, 2018
Show all

Do you deal in property?

You’re required to register for GST if:

turnover from your property transactions (and other transactions) is more than the $75,000 GST registration threshold, and
your activities are regarded as an enterprise.

Your activities may be regarded as an enterprise if you:

sell new residential premises or potential residential land
buy land with the intention of developing it for immediate resale at a profit
develop a property to sell.

A one off transaction can still be considered to be an enterprise.

Please call to remove any confusions regarding your property transaction and its Capital Gains and GST implications, if any.

Comments are closed.